Effective teamwork is essential to your organization’s performance.
There are many teamwork definitions, but this is one of my favourites:
‘A tight knit group of competent individuals who care deeply about each other. They are fiercely committed to their mission, and are highly motivated to combing their energy and expertise to achieve a common objective.’
Are you part of a great team?
If you said yes, what makes your team great? What is your contribution to the team’s success? What outstanding results have you been able to achieve together?
If you said no, what are YOU doing that is stopping the team from being great? Yes, we all contribute to our current situations.
Working with a great group of people, creating an amazing bond and achieving great results, is a wonderful feeling.
There are certain qualities that a high performing team exhibits that will enable you to achieve great things.
Below are nine fundamental behaviours that can help your team achieve extraordinary results:
1. Totally committed to each other and your overall goal
2. Curious before critical
3. Focused on the hope of success
4. Embrace people for what they bring to the team
5. Everyone accepts responsibly for all that happens – there is a ‘we’ mentality
6. Hire the inspired or inspire the hired
7. There is no room for egos
8. The appropriate leadership style is found to fit the current situation
9. The ‘leader’ in each person is given space to be ‘step up’
Which behaviours does you team already possess? When was the last time you saw these being demonstrated?
And which elements does your team need to demonstrate more of?
What more could your team achieve, if you were consistently demonstrating these behaviours? What would it feel like to work together like this? What would others say about your team?
By having faith and trust in each other, ordinary people can achieve extraordinary things!!!